I have two followers to this blog and one of them would like to see my final costs. I'm sorry for being so lazy but I've finally put together a detailed cost breakdown by phase.
Permits $248.00
Delivery $67.80
Framing $532.58
Electrical $430.48
Hvac $70.07
Insulation $333.92
Drywall $323.46
Drywall taping, mudding & sanding $750.00
Door $80.99
Ceiling $747.67
Finish $367.27
Carpet $1724.83
Installation of carpet $471.00
Extra $112.56
Plumber to fix cracked pipe $133.98
Tools $414.39
Grand Total $6,809.00
If you take away the extras and tools it was $6148.07
My initial estimate was $3,755.60 but keep in mind I did not include estimate for permits and drywall labour. That means my initial estimate was off by $1,394.47. Why? Here's a few reasons:
Electrical was off by $300
All the extra network cable and outlets were very expensive. But I'm a geek and I'm happy I have lots of places to plug in for a hardwire. That was the big overage.
Bought 6 extra lights
Worth it. They lights actually heat the room a little and bring it up by about 5 degrees when it's cold. Plus the extra six made it easier to space them out.
Bought a fancy dimmer switch
It was hard to find a 1000 watt rated dimmer switch. I found mine while travelling to Syracuse. Turned out to be $55.52CDN.
Bought more expensive ceiling tiles
I like them though.
My accountant tracked everything fastidiously and I am making by full cost breakdown available in xls format. Dave's Basement Reno.xls
I do hope to post pics with the room decorated but I've been having trouble getting it done. I've had difficulties buying furniture and I still have to accessorize. Hope this helps others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment