Monday, December 15, 2008

Electrical work sucks

Drilling all these hole isn't easy. Pulling all this cable through sucks too... especially my super thick dryer cable. After many days off pulling 14-2, coax and network and after re-routing my existing wiring (up top) I was ready for my rough-in inspection.

Here you can see existing wire at the top and the new wire at the bottom.


Another view.


Yet another view.



Right by the panel you can see the convergence of wire.

Neatly stapled for the inspection.



I brought all the coax and network to the new door. I also brought the two new cables into the panel, wired the neutrals and inserted the new 2(15amp) breaker. The lights are on one circuit and the outlets are on the other.

Re-routing the existing wiring was a huge pain in the ass and I don't see any reason why I should have done it. I'm sure if I hired a professional they would have left it and done the minimum. To tell you the truth it put me behind my schedule.
I know I haven't been posting lately but wiring isn't existing and the progress pictures aren't very exciting.

No comments: