Monday, December 15, 2008
Got my rough-in inspection
Last Friday I took a personal day so I could do my rough-in inspection. Once again I have to complain about ESA. You have to take an open appointment which means the inspector could come by anytime between 9am - 5pm. He showed up at noon and took 5 minutes to look through my work and ask me a couple of questions. He told me to change some of the work in each outlet... basically everything listed as best practice in the Black and Decker book was wrong. He also snapped at me for leaving the cover off the panel... although on the ESA Web site it says they will want to see the neutrals and grounds connected in the panel. I asked him about recessed lights and he says I need a chain to hold them up... no mention of a bracket. Let me finish up my comments by saying this guy was unpleasant. I understand why people don't get permits... the process is un-friendly in every aspect. Thank god I only have the final inspection left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment