Thursday, January 1, 2009

Closer look at venting

I thought I would show you some of my HVAC handy work. First the cold air return. The code states that the duct size needs to be at least as big as the warm air duct. All my vents are going to be 5" ducts.

I didn't really think the electrical outlet placement through because I would have put it over one spot so I wouldn't have to angle over the vent... but I got it done.

Cold Air Intake from the backside


Cold Air Intake front side. I'll cut out the vent spot once the drywall is all done. Let's keep the dust from going everywhere in the house.


Finally I tapped into an existing warm air vent to provide heating for the room.


It probably won't be enough to keep the room really warm but I'm hoping to get an electric fireplace to supplement to heating when I need it.

No comments: