Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sanding done

They came in with 4 guys and got it done in 30 minutes and it looks good. I took pictures but it looks exactly like to previous set... just smoother.

Tonight I cleaned up and briefly went to Rona to pick up: primer, paint, baseboards, door trim, rollers, caulk and a post cover. I was surprised how expensive it was considering I bought the cheapest of everything except paint. I would have made my own post cover but it's kind of like a pre-hung door... relatively speaking the extra money it costs will outweighs the time spent putting one together myself.

I wanted to get primer on the walls today but I spent a little time cleaning up. I'm still feeling under the weather so I figured I wouldn't push too much. I might take a vacation day or two to get it done if I can't get the suspended ceiling and lights in over the weekend. I sent out my Superbowl invites yesterday so now there is extra incentive to get it done.

FYI Tracy has been keeping close eye on the budget and has debriefed me on my expenses. According to my initial estimates I think I'm under budget. Should be pretty close.

No comments: