Tuesday, October 21, 2008

BMR sucks

So last night I went to BMR to finish pricing out my building materials. I need to price out everything because the building permit is based on the estimated cost of the project $13.25 for every $1000. I had been to BMR before and didn't like it. This time around I thought because I was doing more "construction-like" work it would be better than a do-it-yourself" store.
WRONG. BMR was tiny and didn't seem to have what I needed. To top it off the layout of the store sucked. For those that don't know BMR (Building Materials and Renovations) is a builder's supplies store in the Ottawa area... trying to be like The Home Depot and Rona.

FYI I sent in a second note to Rona hoping to get some help with my cost list but I still haven't heard back... and I sent in emails for "Project Guide" support to two different stores now. Why offer the service if you don't actually do it.

All this means is that tonight I'm going to The Home Depot to finish off my building materials list. I hope to get my building permit application into the city office this week.

I also cleaned up the basement and took some pictures and short videos. I'll post them another time.

No comments: