Thursday, October 23, 2008

Design and building materials update

Tuesday night I spent 2 1/2 hours in The Home Depot trying to get costs for all my building materials. I found prices for everything I need and got a little bit of help while in the store. I needed help finding a can light that would work with a suspended ceiling and I also needed some advice regarding insulation.


I needed to price things out so I could estimate the costs for the building permit application. It turns out that according to my budget the project should cost me $3,755.60. I've also categorized the materials according to phase of the project so I could estimate how the cashflow will work. The Home Depot will deliver any amount of materials for $60... so I'm going to get as much delivered in the first load as I can handle (money wise and space wise). Here's my building materials budget (pdf).


I also polished up the designs and they are ready to be submitted to the city.
















































I was going to submit my application at City Hall this week but I have some unplanned travel for work that had recently come up. Maybe I can sneak in after work today.

No comments: