Thursday, October 16, 2008

Electrical Permits

This past weekend I deep fried a turkey and picked up some tools from my dad. I picked up a chop saw, a reciprocal saw, a compressor, a finish nail gun and other odds and ends. Some of the big tools I still need to get are a framing gun, a 4' level and an impact drill.

I found out that electrical inspections in Ontario are done by the Electrical Safety Authority. Their fees schedule is nice and complicated for someone who isn't in the business. I think the cost is going to depend on how many outlets I have. I think it will cost me $320.

Tonight I'm putting up my new dish (totally unrelated to the reno). This weekend I'm going to develop my cost list.

FYI last Friday I sent a request for assistance to my local Rona, hoping their "Project Guide" would help me figure out what I need. It's been about a week and I haven't hear back from them. Today I submitted a request again to a different store. I couldn't find a similar service from The Home Depot.

No comments: