As soon as the wall was down it changed the whole feeling in the basement. It opened it up but more important the flow was improved. I think Tracy and I are both looking forward to the end result now more than ever because we can feel the difference.
Ripping stuff down also revealed how poorly the house was built in the first place. Here's a short list:
- bottom plates aren't well fastened
- some top plates are split or weren't nailed properly
- drywall had nails in some spots and screws in other spots
I might have to redo some of the existing work particularly around the wall I removed. I might even have to redo some of the electrical work so it runs through the new walls. I guess the BI will let me know during the framing inspection.
I think that by the end of this week I will some some framed walls up. Although it supposed to be really nice weather for the next few days and I do have some other work I need to do outside (like raking up the leafs).

No comments:
Post a Comment