Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mistake number two

I know I haven't been updating lately but don't you worry I have been working hard.

On Monday night I installed the pocket door. It seemed to go in pretty well unfortunately I didn't realize until it was in that I didn't have enough clearance for the soffit. This means all the work I did on Monday night had to be redone on Tuesday night. Even worse I had to take apart the pocket door frame and cut it down to fit.

Pocket door on Monday night:

Looks good right?

Pocket Door after being redone on Tuesday night:
Please note at the top that it's down about an inch.

Wednesday night I started on the soffit. It's not easy but I got most of it done. I built it on the ground then attached it to the joists.

This is the little bit left over.

I might even cover some of it with the plywood I bought to help secure it a little more.Having to redo the door but me behind schedule by one day. I'm still looking good though.

No comments: